TCEA 2023 App
What app are you using for TCEA 2023?
The app is called “TCEA” and uses the Engagefully platform by RD Mobile.
How do I download the mobile app?
From the app store: You can find the TCEA app in the Apple App store and Google Play store by searching for “TCEA.”
From your email: An app invite email was sent out to registered attendees on January 16. The email came from [email protected]. This email contains direct links to download the app from each app store, and a direct login link to the desktop version of the app.
NOTE: If you registered after January 16, then an email was sent out as soon as your registration payment was complete.
From the TCEA 2023 website: You can also access links to download the app by going to https://convention.tcea.org/app/.
How do I log in to the app?
In order to have full access to all the app features, you must log in with the email you used for registration.
To log in using the invite email:
- The app invite email was sent on January 16 to everyone with a valid registration and confirmed method of payment. This email was sent from [email protected] with the subject “Begin Planning Your 2023 TCEA Convention & Exposition Experience.”
- In your inbox, open the invite email and choose your app store to download the mobile app or click “Access Event on Desktop.”
- Follow the instructions to log in based on your choice of mobile or desktop app.
To log in without the invite email:
|Mobile app access:||Desktop app access:|
What if I didn’t get the invite email or can’t find it in my inbox?
The app invite email was sent on January 16 to everyone with a valid registration and confirmed method of payment. This email was sent from [email protected] with the subject “Begin Planning Your 2023 TCEA Convention & Exposition Experience.”
Attendees: If you have not received the invite email, that could indicate that the payment has not been received, the registration is not complete, or your registration was completed with an email address other than your own.
Exhibitors: If you have not received the invite email, you most likely do not have an email address associated with your booth staff registration.
If you did not receive the email you can:
- Log into the app as a non-registrant (see below)
- Contact [email protected], or visit us onsite at Registration. If you have an attendee badge, you can also visit Room 220.
Can I log into the app even if I am not registered?
Yes. Follow the steps above to log in. If your email is not associated with a TCEA 2023 registration, an account will be created to allow you into the system. However, certain features will not be available to you. You can view the schedule, build a schedule, view the exhibitor list, and view maps and other important information, but several app features will be locked. In order to access all app features, you must be logged in with an email address associated with a registration.
I’m logged into the app, but I don’t see everything.
Access to the app is based on your registration type and status. Registered attendees will have access to everything in the app. If you are an exhibitor, or if you are not registered, certain features will not be available to you.
What’s the difference between the desktop version and the app from the App Store/Google Play?
The desktop and mobile versions of the app are nearly identical. The desktop version is web-based and will run in a browser on any device. The mobile app will need to be downloaded from your app store.
Profile and Networking Information
I want to add my personal information and headshot to my profile.
You can add your name, title, organization, photo, and more to your profile. You can even add additional email addresses. Just click on your name on either the mobile or desktop version of the app to get started.
I am getting an error message when I try to update my profile.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app should correct the issue. Should the issue persist, RD mobile recommends the user update their profile information in the web browser version of the event.
NOTE: Uninstalling the mobile app will delete any notes from previous events you may have attended. Please back those up by clicking on “Schedule” and then tapping the “Share” button in the top right corner. Then, select the item you want to share and where to send it.
How do I network with other attendees?
You must have an attendee badge in order to participate in the attendee networking features in the app. To turn these features on or off you must do the following:
- In the menu on the left, click Connect & Network.
- Click on Directory in the dropdown menu.
- In the top right corner, click Directory Preferences.
- Change your settings as desired.
- Touch your name to access your profile.
- Touch the Manage button at the bottom of the Event Preferences box.
- Change your settings as desired.
If you are not seeing Attendee networking features, you are not logged in using an email address associated with an attendee registration badge.
I’m an exhibitor and want to participate in the attendee networking.
Exhibitors are not able to access the attendee directory in the app.
How do I save/select my preferred sessions?
- Click on Schedule in the sidebar menu.
- Each session has a small calendar icon to the left of the title.
- Click or tap that icon, and it will be added to My Schedule.
- You can access My Schedule by tapping the Selected button to the left of the Filter button at the top of the screen.
- Only your selected sessions will show on the screen.
Where can I find session resources?
- To access session resources, click/tap Schedule in the left sidebar.
- Click/tap on the session title for which you’d like resources.
- The session description will open.
- Scroll down to the Resources section of the session description.
- Click/tap on the resource to open.
NOTE: Resources are added as the presenters provide them. If you don’t see resources associated with a session, it is because the presenter has not yet provided any.
Can I export the session notes I take in the app?
Yes. Go to the Sessions page and tap the share button in the top right corner. Then, select the item you want to share and where to send it.
How do I get my CPE form?
The link to the CPE form will be added to the app menu on Monday, January 30. You must be logged in with the email used during registration to access your CPE Certificate.
Are the desktop and mobile apps synced?
Yes, as long as you are logged in to both the desktop and mobile version of the app. Selecting sessions on the mobile app will be promptly reflected on the desktop version of the app. There may be a slight lag of 8-12 minutes when adding sessions to “My Schedule” on the desktop before they appear on mobile.