Presentations and Workshops
The 2019 TCEA Convention & Exposition sessions are tailored to fit your learning preferences. More than 1,000 presentations, hands-on workshops, expert panels, and interactive learning environments are available to customize your conference experience.
Each presentation is aligned to one of the following strands focusing on educational technology integration, pedagogy, and education transformation.
- 1:1, District Supported Devices, BYOT (Implementation and Management)
- Leadership and CTO (Advocacy and Educational Policy, Administration, Assessment and Accountability, Funding, Technology Planning and Evaluation)
- Online and Blended Learning (Global Connections, Virtual Classrooms, Flipped Classrooms)
- Library Media (Information Literacy, Library Services, and Media Integration)
- Professional Development (Professional Development Strategies, Models, and Deployment)
- Pedagogy and Instructional Design (Technology Integration, Best Practices, Strategies, Project- and Problem-Based Learning, Makerspaces, Learning Environments)
- Special Populations (GT, ELL/Migrant/Bilingual, Special Needs)
- Technical Support (Infrastructure, Network Services, Software/Hardware, and Informational Technology)
- Technology Applications and CTE Courses (Coding, Computer Science, BIMM, STEM, STEAM, etc.)
About the Session Formats
Presentation sessions are 50 minutes or 90 minutes in length and may be led by experts in technology and/or pedagogy or a group of educators sharing tools and best practices as they have implemented them. Presenters will share proven strategies for successful curriculum integration from personal experience and research projects related to technology-based instruction.
Comprehensive Immersive In-Depth Workshop
Workshops are 90 minutes, 3 hours, or 6 hours in length and go further into the content being delivered than a standard convention presentation, giving attendees a thorough understanding of a specific topic. Presenters will provide practical, evidence-based strategies and useful tools that allow participants to leave with a ready-to-implement plan in place.
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Workshop
In BYOD Workshops, the emphasis is on hands-on technology. Workshops are designed to be an interactive and hands-on learning experience and are 90 minutes, 3 hours, or 6 hours in length. BYOD workshops require the use of your personal device to follow along with the presenter in using the software, application, or tool. The description will indicate which devices are needed for the workshop and if any software installation is required to participate fully.
A panel of educators and ed tech enthusiasts will present their views on a common theme, issue, or question and then discuss them with the audience. Panel presentations provide an opportunity to hear about specific topics presented by several knowledgeable facilitators and will help you further understand and evaluate the topics being discussed. Panels are 50 minutes or 90 minutes in length.
These 50-minute sessions are presented by exhibiting companies to further explore the products and services available on the show floor in an in-depth, informative, and non-sales atmosphere.
You will have the opportunity to explore a variety of topics in a multi-booth environment where you can engage with presenters one-on-one or in small groups. This kind of learning environment encourages meaningful conversations regarding your ideas, implementation, tools, and projects that you can immediately incorporate in your classroom, campus, or district. Sessions are grouped each time period around a common theme such as STEM, leadership, or coding.
Build and expand your learning networks with peers taking on similar initiatives. In these 50-minute facilitated, round-table conversations we will discuss common problems, explore solutions, and share resources. Expand your network and continue working together long after you depart the convention.